Are you looking for software that will help improve productivity? Are you looking for a way to improve communication at your firm?
You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of it. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something this will help with.
Is it a good choice for your business to use microsoft office? Will you make the right decision?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make a decision.
What is SharePoint?
There is a web-based platform called Microsoft SharePoint Online. It has an integration with Microsoft Office for storing and sharing files. The system is a content and document management system.
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with the help of microsoft office. You can build tasks, track schedules and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 and choose the app you want to use from the menu.
- Click on the page you want to create.
- The team site can be selected.
- You can choose the design of your website.
- The name and description should be entered.
- The whole setup can be completed by clicking on Finish.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They act as a place to keep your members lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is offered by SharePoint. Users have access to the documents and content when they click on the library.
The best way to use the document library is with this method.
- The documents can be chosen in the left-vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose New. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- You can open the Microsoft Office file in the app.
- Modern web apps allow you to modify the file with other people at the same time. You still have the ability to check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items from the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the right outcome. They are similar to the automated application that handles the execution of business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you should use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency can be gained by this.
There are different roles that are linked.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute searches. The recent website is where the scope of search is. The search application processes the query and returns results.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. If you add words to the search box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the content from the data.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are many components that support project management in this template.
- There is a summary of the project.
- The timetable for the task.
- The task list has things listed.
- “There’s a calendar.”
- There is a document library.
- Task management features are built into it.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free using this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration.”